When artist Justin Duerr (see the video above!) first started drawing, he never imagined his art would have an audience. Through Intuit’s 2019 exhibition, Justin Duerr: Surrender to Survival, thousands of Intuit guests of all ages have been inspired by Justin’s artwork.
- To bring to life exhibitions and programs that inspire curiosity, compassion and creativity, Intuit relies on the support of Intuit friends like you, people who believe in the power of outsider art
- Recent examples of Intuit’s impact include:
- More than 10 exhibitions, many of which featured the works of living artists like Susan Te Kahurangi King of New Zealand, Jerry Gretzinger of Michigan and Justin Duerr of Philadelphia
- European travel of Intuit’s exhibitions Chicago Calling: Art Against the Flow, exploring Chicago’s history of robust recognition and acceptance of outsider art, and Chicago We Own It to Paris, Kaufbeuren (Germany), Lausanne and Amsterdam during 2019-2021
- The Intuit-hosted Art Against the Flow Summit in late 2018, which brought together more than 100 outsider art experts, artists, educators, collectors and appreciators
- Direct educational outreach to hundreds of Chicago Public School students and dozens of teachers
- Free year-round museum admission for guests 18 years and younger and free admission to Intuit’s Third Thursdays’ Art After Work for all
Your support is needed to reach Intuit’s $20,000 #GivingTuesday goal.
Will you pledge to support Intuit with a gift of any amount on #GivingTuesday, December 3?
Thank you for believing in the power of outsider art to inspire curiosity, compassion and creativity!