Are you curious, creative and socially engaged? Are you looking for something to do this summer? Intuit is the place for you! The IntuiTeens summer program is a unique opportunity to meet teens from across the city, explore your creativity and celebrate the power of outsider art.
IntuiTeens will provide guidance and mentorship in digital engagement, museum education, arts teaching and so much more! The program for summer 2020 will be held remotely for the safety of our interns. IntuiTeens will meet three times a week from July 6-August 7.
As an IntuiTeen, you will:
- Grow leadership skills through creating digital engagement opportunities for teens
- Develop art-making skills and expand your creative practice
- Collaborate with local teens, professional artists and community organizations
- Receive a stipend for the summer
- Gain hands-on experience in community arts teaching and nonprofit work
All IntuiTeens help fulfill the museum’s mission to celebrate outsider art. Each IntuiTeen will explore what engaging with outsider art means on their own terms. That’s what is so exciting about outsider art: making something for your own enjoyment and your own expression! No previous arts experience is required to apply.
The application period for summer 2020 is now closed. Applicants should expect a response from Intuit within a week.
IntuiTeens is generously supported by:
City of Chicago | Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot
Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events
Illinois Arts Council Agency
Phyllis Rabineau and John Alderson
Greg Cameron and Greg Thompson