Are you curious, creative and socially engaged? Are you looking for something to do this summer? Intuit is the place for you! The IntuiTeens summer program is a unique opportunity to meet teens from across the city, explore your creativity and celebrate the power of outsider art.
After an immersive look at outsider art through field trips and activities, interns represent Intuit across the city and in the museum through leading original art-making workshops. IntuiTeens will be provided guidance and mentorship in arts teaching, museum education, museum administration and so much more! The IntuiTeens application for this summer’s program will be available here in May 2020.
As an IntuiTeen, you will:
- Grow leadership skills through creating and implementing your own original art-making workshop
- Develop art-making skills and expand your creative practice
- Collaborate with local teens, professional artists and community organizations
- Receive community service hours or a scholarship stipend for the summer (IntuiTeens cannot earn both payment and community service hours)
- Organize fun events for Intuit’s teen audiences
- Gain hands-on experience in community arts teaching and nonprofit work
All IntuiTeens help fulfill the museum’s mission to celebrate outsider art. Each IntuiTeen will explore what engaging with outsider art means on their own terms. That’s what is so exciting about outsider art: making something for your own enjoyment and your own expression! No previous arts experience is required to apply.
IntuiTeens is generously supported by:
City of Chicago | Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot
Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events
Illinois Arts Council Agency
Phyllis Rabineau and John Alderson
Greg Cameron and Greg Thompson