Young Professionals Board
The Young Professionals (“YoPro”) Board ignites passion and curiosity around outsider art, fostering the next generation of Intuit’s champions.
- To champion Intuit by activating our networks, inviting new audiences to Intuit’s exhibitions and programming
- To support Intuit’s programming and exhibitions through fundraising initiatives
- To create unique opportunities for YoPro board members to connect with each other and learn about outsider art
- To engage with a living artist, visiting them or inviting them to speak with us, at least once a year
Founded in 2018, the Young Professionals Board is encouraged to participate in and activate their networks with public Intuit programming throughout the year, including exhibition openings and public learning events. YoPros also participate in exclusive member and YoPro-organized events, including gallery crawls, adjudicating the Scholastic Arts Awards, quarterly meetings, YoPro picnics, the annual YoPro-hosted fundraiser and exclusive collection tour events, to name a few.
As of 2022, YoPro membership is around 20-25 members, and there is no limit to the number of members who may join.
Terms and Expectations
- Support and be faithful to the mission and goals of the organization. Maintain membership in good standing.
- Attend quarterly Young Professionals Board meetings as often as possible. Perfect attendance is not required but making an effort to be present is important. When a meeting must be missed, please be communicative about your absence.
- Make an annual contribution to the organization. The requested minimum annual contribution is $250, Intuit’s Giving Circle membership level.
- Give priority to the organization’s interests, mission and values when acting on its behalf.
- Adhere to the organization’s conflict of interest, confidentiality and all other applicable policies.
- Participate in activities and events sponsored by the organization and encourage participation by others.
- Attend the YoPro-hosted annual fundraiser and encourage five friends to attend.
- Assist in recruiting new museum members, supporters and Young Professionals Board members.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the organization when requested.
YoPro Board members
Shawn Grenald, President
Katherine Gorman, Vice President
Gabriella Bomben, Chair of Advancement
Emily van der Harten