Serials and Multimedia Inventory Internship
The Serials and Multimedia Inventory Intern assists the Art Librarian and Archivist in the Robert A. Roth Study Center to organize its scholarly resources. Candidates must be able to work 15–20 hours per week (two to three days per week). One of the days, at least initially for training, must be a Monday.
The Serials and Multimedia Inventory Intern reports to the Art Librarian and Archivist.
Hourly rate: $14.50/hour
- Physically organize serials, videos and audio materials in the Robert A. Roth Study Center
- Inventory serials, videos and audio materials using the museum’s online cataloging software (LibraryWorld)
- Compile bibliographic information in spreadsheet software (Excel or Google Sheets) for items not yet in the museum’s online catalog using items themselves and public tools like WorldCat
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Provide general support to the Art Librarian and Archivist
- Participate in meetings and professional development workshops with staff, board members, volunteers, interns and collaborators on a regular basis
- Precise attention to detail, especially alphabetical and numerical organization
- Accurate typing transcription
- Ability to self-direct in a project and follow written procedures
- Previous experience with cataloging and/or spreadsheet software preferred
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume and one letter of recommendation to Debra Kerr, president and CEO, at email@example.com.