Serials and Multimedia Inventory Internship/ Volunteer
The volunteer serials and multimedia inventory intern reports to the art librarian and archivist. Candidates must be able to work 15-20 hours per week (two to three days per week) for a for-credit internship or 5-10 hours per week (one to two days per week) for a volunteer position. One of the days, at least initially for training, must be a Monday.
- Physically organize serials, videos and audio material in the Robert A. Roth Study Center
- Inventory serials, videos and audio material using the museum’s online cataloging software (LibraryWorld)
- Compile bibliographic information in spreadsheet software (Excel or Google Sheets) for items not yet in the museum’s online catalog using items themselves and public tools like WorldCat
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Precise attention to detail, especially alphabetical and numerical organization
- Accurate typing transcription
- Ability to self-direct in a project and follow written procedures
- Previous experience with cataloging and/or spreadsheet software helpful
To apply for this internship, please send your cover letter, resume and one letter of recommendation to Debra Kerr, president and CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.