Guest Services Associate
The Guest Services Associate acts as manager of the day during hours open to the public, engaging with guests and ensuring the completion of all required tasks for the opening and closing of the museum. This role is also responsible for guest engagement, including talking about Intuit’s mission and current exhibitions. They must be able to answer or direct visitor questions appropriately. The Guest Services Associate is responsible for supervising the volunteers who are scheduled to be working during their shifts. This role actively works with colleagues across the museum to support ongoing operations and participate in professional development.
The Guest Services Associate reports to the Registrar and Facilities Coordinator.
- This position is part-time (16 hours per week).
- Serve as manager of the day for weekend shifts, opening and closing museum, and supervising onsite volunteers and interns (when applicable).
- Engage with guests in a meaningful way by exercising knowledge of the museum, artwork, artists and exhibition(s) on view.
- Collect admissions, sell memberships and make sales in the Intuit Store.
- Maintain knowledge of visitor experience procedures and museum information, delivering quality service to guests when assisting with purchases, questions and other needs.
- Supervise the safety of artworks on view, including monitoring the museum’s entrance and enforcing guest compliance with exhibition-specific requirements.
- Work with museum staff in different departments to support ongoing operations, including support for operations and facilities, development, public practice, academic engagement, as well as participate in professional development and projects during periods when the museum (or exhibitions) is closed to the public.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Notify the Registrar and Facilities Coordinator if any damage to artwork occurs and of any facility-related issues.
- Answer the museum phone line and direct calls, as appropriate.
- Background working in public-facing customer service roles
- Prior experience with the arts, museums or other cultural institutions
- Prior experience or knowledge in security and customer service
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, bilingual communication skills preferred
- Ability to work weekends when exhibitions are open and evenings for potential events
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Christina Stavros at firstname.lastname@example.org.