The volunteer education intern reports to the senior manager of learning and engagement. Candidates must be able to work 15-20 hours per week (two to three days per week).
- Provide administrative support to and shadow the Teacher Fellowship Program
- Assist in research and creation of virtual field trips and videos for school audiences
- Support online public programs for adults, educators and teens
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Provide general support to the Senior Manager of Learning and Engagement
- Participate in meetings and professional development workshops with staff, board members, volunteers, interns and collaborators on a regular basis
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Proficiency in working with the public through teaching, public speaking or customer service
- Proficiency in online learning tools and eagerness to learn new platforms (Zoom, G Suite, YouTube, Slack)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Previous art and art-making experience preferred
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in teaching and learning in museums and arts organizations
To apply for this internship, please send your cover letter, resume and one letter of recommendation to Paula Santos, senior manager of learning and engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.