Art Librarian and Archivist
Posted: September 15, 2020
The art librarian and archivist works within the Robert A. Roth Study Center to organize Intuit’s scholarly resources and make them available to audiences by appointment. The Robert A. Roth Study Center is a non-circulating collection with a primary focus in the fields of outsider and contemporary self-taught art. Its holdings contain an extensive and growing library of books, catalogs, periodicals, slides, photographs, videotapes, and archive materials. As a public resource that complements the museum’s educational mission, the Robert A. Roth Study Center is open to students and scholars interested in pursuing further research into intuitive, self-taught, and outsider art and artists. The art librarian and archivist maintains Intuit’s institutional archives and assists the curator in maintaining the Henry Darger Archives and Henry Darger Room Collection.
Schedule: Part-time, 8 hours/week
Reporting: Chief Curator/ Senior Manager of Exhibitions and Development
- Manage Intuit’s library functions, including its relevant online subscriptions.
- Catalog and process new acquisitions.
- Manage and appropriately accommodate requests for access to the Robert A. Roth Study Center.
- Maintain the organization of the Robert A. Roth Study Center resources.
- Maintain current archival holdings.
- Serve as staff liaison for the Robert A. Roth Study Center to the Board of Directors’ acquisition and collections committee.
- Steward the Robert A. Roth Study Center policies.
- Master’s degree in library science.
- Facility with Microsoft Office applications.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Chief Curator and Senior Manager of Exhibitions and Development Alison Amick at firstname.lastname@example.org.