Intuit is open with new hours
We are excited to welcome you back! The health and safety of our community of guests, volunteers, staff members and collaborators continue to be a top priority as we reopen the museum. Learn about all the safety precautions Intuit is taking to ensure the museum is a healthy space for everyone.
- Self-identify whether you exhibit symptoms and stay home if you feel tired, ill or symptomatic
- Purchase timed-entry tickets in advance
- Wear a face covering over your mouth and nose, in compliance with the City of Chicago requirement
- Practice social distancing of at least 6 feet from others
- Follow the signage with directional flow and safety precautions
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently with soap and water or hand sanitizer
Advanced, timed-entry tickets and face coverings are required to enter the museum.
- Intuit reduced the number of high touch points throughout the museum.
- Staff members will sanitize high touch points and shared surfaces before and after individual use as well as frequently throughout the day in compliance with CDC protocols.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at stations throughout the museum.
Changes to Intuit
- Intuit staff re-installed the exhibition Outsider Art: The Collection of Victor F. Keen to create more spacing to facilitate traffic flow that will allow guests to experience and enjoy the art while safely distancing themselves from others.
- Intuit installed physical barriers, such as plexiglass, at the admissions desk and the Intuit Store.
- The bag and coat check are temporarily closed.
- The Intuit Store is temporarily limited to staff access only. Please see the Shop web page for more information.
“Be safe. Chicago” certification
Intuit utilized the arts and culture industry guidelines put in place by the city’s government to develop our reopening policies and procedures. We understand the city’s business operational standards for each phase of reopening, and we created a reopening business plan that is compliant with the city’s standards. By completing the self-certification survey, Intuit indicated our ability and willingness to comply and commit to the “Be Safe. Chicago” guidelines during the city’s reopening.
Intuit is limiting our capacity to allow guests to safely distance themselves from others in the museum. Before you go to Intuit, please check our available capacity and purchase tickets on Tock or by contacting the museum. Advanced, timed-entry tickets are required for guests and members.
Intuit emails members a discount code for free admission. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Please join us at a later date if 1) you feel tired, ill or symptomatic on the day of your visit, or 2) you traveled to Chicago from one of the states on the Chicago Travel Quarantine List within a 14-day period. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, and Intuit will gladly reschedule or refund your admission.
For the safety of our community, we adjusted our hours until further notice.
Monday-Thursday: Closed to the public
Friday: 9-11 a.m. for high-risk guests*, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
*Intuit reserves admission on Friday mornings 9 to 11 a.m. for guests who are in an increased risk group, which include older adults and people with underlying medical conditions. If you are at an increased risk, Intuit respectfully asks you to email email@example.com and a staff member will help schedule your visit.
Intuit is closed to the public on the following holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Group Tours and Field Trips
Guided and self-guided tours, in-person programs, and event rentals are not available until further notice. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Intuit’s entrance is accessible via wheelchairs and some power chairs. Entry to the building relies on a portable ramp that ends in a sharp 90-degree turn. Please call ahead or ring the doorbell for front door ramp assistance. Intuit can arrange tours for individuals with low vision or blindness with advanced notice of at least two weeks. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art
756 N Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, IL 60642
Intuit is located right off I-94. If you take I-94 from the north, exit at Ogden Avenue, turn left onto Ogden Avenue, go a few blocks north to Milwaukee Avenue, and turn right. You will see Intuit immediately to your right. If you take I-94 from the south, exit at Milwaukee/ Augusta, turn left onto Milwaukee Avenue and continue on a few blocks southeast. Go through the Ogden/ Milwaukee intersection, and Intuit will be on your right.
Intuit provides discounted parking to museum guests via Spoke Apartments across the street east of the CVS Pharmacy. You can find the parking lot at 728 N Morgan Street. Parking is validated for four hours at a rate of $8. Free street parking is also available along Milwaukee Avenue, Ogden Avenue, Carpenter Street and Aberdeen Street (free and metered parking). Parking tends to be easier on the weekend.
Intuit is located across the street from the Chicago Avenue Blue Line station, and it is near the #66 Chicago Avenue bus and the #56 Milwaukee Avenue bus.
Cab from Downtown
Intuit is a short cab ride from the Loop and downtown Chicago area. Tell your cab driver, “756 North Milwaukee Avenue at Ogden.” Milwaukee Avenue is a diagonal street, and it is helpful to give the cross street of Ogden Avenue.
Intuit is a “Museums for All” Participant
If you have an EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) card, simply show it when you arrive to receive our lowest-priced admission. Through Museums for All, we’re partnering with museums across the country to make sure everyone can experience the best museums have to offer, all for the lowest and most affordable prices. To find other participating museums, visit www.Museums4All.org.